Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hobbie of Any Kind Are All Time Wasters

Why do people have to leave negative comments about my free time?

Maybe you should just talk about something you enjoy and stop trying to ruin the entertainment of others. Hobbies are all time suckers. Otherwise we would all just sit and do nothing after work and life would be boring. Knitting, scrapbooking, rockets modeling, reading, movies, tv, are all TIME WASTERS, but I choose to do something that is different adn people can't understand why I am wasting my time? I don't critizise your hobbies, because I understand that you like things I don't and that is ok, if you do like the same as me we can get together and have fun together. Otherwise please just keep the negative comments about my free time activites to yourself...

I do like to hear about your hobbies. What are your hobbies? And what are the comments you get when you tell people that that is your hobbie?

last time for downer comments.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no issue with your hobbies... unless you are neglecting things that need to be done. :) Which is NOT often. You play with the kids, you make yummy dinners, you help out around the house, you spend time with your wife, and you find time to do yardwork. All hobbies are great as long as your priorities are in order :)

Nat said...

You know, I reread my last comment on your last post. I was trying to be funny, but it came off as rude. Sorry about that.

You know how much I detest WoW. And it just seems to me that it takes a hundred years to do one little thing. Pete's like, "Let me just travel to this one city." And he jumps on one of those taxi bat things, and the timer shows up, and it says "5 minutes". WHY does it have to do that? Why can't it just take you there? So in that way it's a time-sucker, in my opinion. That's 5 minutes that you're sitting watching your character fly around, and you aren't really doing anything.

When I have time-which isn't often-I blog and scrapbook, mostly. And, again in my opinion, scrapbooking isn't as MUCH of a time waster, just because it's preserving memories of my kids, etc. So in generations to come, they can look at pictures of their grandparents. And it's like a journal for my kids while they are too little to keep one, of things that they do and say. Same with blogging-it's like a journal. But yeah, my dad thinks scrapbooking is a time waster. So it's all relative.

Jeremy said...

ok so tell me when was teh last time you looked at your grandma's photo album, you mom's photo album? do you think that anybody besides yourself really cares about your pictures from 10 years ago? from 20 years ago? ever? i only look thru my photos when i am feeling nostalgic, and when i try to share them with my wife, parents siblings they get bored after 1 photo. so although i think things like blogging and scrapbooking are wasting time, they do benefit YOU. and that is what a hobby is for. entertaining you. or spending time with those that share your time waster.

Jeremy said...

oh and yes flying on wow is a bigg time waster. so he shoulda been a mage. Instance ports to all the big cities. lol

Side note nat.
wow has an economy and wow regulates the economy in order to make the games doable but difficult. things like repairing armor flying on a taxi, changing your hair color and style, they all are taking money outta the economy to help in the regulation... that and some things are fun too.